So it’s been, what, like two months? Yeah, that seems about right. Leave it to me to take a two month coffee break when I’m getting the most views of PKtM‘s lifetime, and to come back when I’m getting my lowest amount of views in years. Fuck me, right?
It has been fourteen goddamn days since my last post. And that was just a Quote of the Day. You have to October 14th since my last post that I had to put actual thought into.
There are a few reasons for my negligence. Let’s list them all! Lists are fun!
- The Toronto Blue Jays made the playoffs for the first time in my lifetime. As my Twitter feed will attest, watching that on TV has taken up a good chunk of my time. They just got eliminated, so that’s that, I guess (I hope the KC Royals have their fucking knees broken).
- At the beginning of October, school turned the intensity from “6” to “Fuck you, shithead, kiss your free time goodbye”.
- When I did try to write, it didn’t come out great. I tried writing a Round-Up at the end of September. It came out badly, so I scrapped it. I spent eons workshopping a new DeathMatch and flip-flopping on my decisions. I also tried writing a review of Beasts of No Nation, but again, it didn’t come out great. That’ll be on a Round-up, I expect.
- I’m just plain lazy. The other stuff didn’t help, though.
Now that the worst seems to be over, I’m working on some new stuff that should put me back on top of things once again. These include:
- The first actual Jessica Jones trailer dropped, so my “Who the F*** is That?!?!” series will soon come out of its two-month long hiatus. As more trailers for Captain America: Civil War, Batman v Superman and Daredevil season 2 come out, there’ll be more of that too.
- A new comic-centric DeathMatch should be kicking off sooner rather than later, so look out for that.
- Now that Oscar season is just around the corner, I’m gonna start looking for more of “those” types of movies, to put it glibly. Hopefully, my wallet holds up, but we’ll see.
- I’ll have one giant Round-up for September and October, because I’m a lunatic.
- I have a few more awards I was nominated for, but they’re not really my priority right now. Thanks a lot to Bookidote for the nominations, though!
- A fiction thing that I’m working on that I think has the potential to turn out really excellent.
That’s all for today. I’m not promising anything, but there should be new content out by Monday. Should be.
So, the Oscars are over,and I’m happy to say that the good guys won. I mean, there’s stuff from the ceremony that I’m mad about (Big Hero 6 winning Best Animated Feature over How to Train Your Dragon 2 and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya, Joan Rivers getting the shaft in the In Memoriam section, a shitty In Memoriam section in general), but on the whole, I was happy that Birdman, Grand Budapest Hotel and Whiplash killed it, I though the musical performances were great, and I enjoyed Neil Patrick Harris’ hosting (Come at me, literally everybody else who watched the Oscars!!!).
Those of you wondering where my Razzie reviews and predictions are (As if there are any of you) should stop expecting them, because they’re not going to happen. I’m sorry, but I couldn’t find a single stream of Saving Christmas anywhere, and, somehow, I don’t think watching that piece or garbage will build up my integrity as a reviewer. It’s a Kirk Cameron religious movie, for god’s sake. After Left Behind, I’d rather gouge out my eyes then watch another preachy-as-hell evangelical propaganda movie again.
So, as you might have guessed, I’m kind of burnt out on movies after having solely released movie reviews, Oscar-related material and Quotes of the Day since my Tarantinoverse Deathmatch way back on November 30 and December 7. So, I think you have more than enough reason to forgive me if I won’t be doing much new movie reviews until the start of the summer movie season, during which I’ll be totally overcome with the joy of seeing Avengers and Jurassic World, among others.
Anyways, this is what’s going to be going on over the next couple of months.
Quotes of the Day: Yeah, I kinda like them. They’re definitely only to be used as between-post filler, but I don’t see myself abandoning them altogether.
TV Reviews: After the whole Flash/Gotham/Legend of Korra debacle, I’m kind of reluctant to do this again, but it’s not like I can not review Game of Thrones. If that goes okay, I might review some more stuff. No promises, though.
Movie Theories/Rants: I still haven’t done as much of these as I would like, but I have a couple ideas kicking around that might end up semi-decent.
DEATHMATCH!!!: It’s currently on hiatus until I can think of a solid second episode (And maybe a better way to present it) but I had too much fun doing the first one to even consider ditching it.
Movie Reviews: Just because I’m burnt out on them doesn’t mean I’m going to stop doing them.
I’m probably reviewing: Chappie, Cinderella (I still like Disney. Sue me), While We’re Young, Insurgent, Ex Machina, Clouds of Sils Maria
I might review: These Final Hours, It Follows, Get Hard, Home, Furious 7 (If I watch the first six movies first), True Story, The Water Diviner
Of course, some of these movies are just coming out in limited release, so maybe I shouldn’t be making promises I can’t keep, but when have I ever been one to learn from experience?
Also, my Top 20 movies of 2014 should be posted soon, so yeah.
By the way, I encourage anybody reading this to start commenting on my posts and maybe spreading the word about PKTM. Believe me, I’m grateful a million times over for whatever meager traffic I get, and if I’m stuck at 44 subscribers, so be it, that’s 44 more than I ever thought would be on board when I started almost two years ago. However, I would like to reach a larger audience if at all possible, so if anybody who likes any of my posts could comment, like and/or follow, I would be eternally grateful.
Sorry to go all PBS on you guys just now. I expect my god complex to kick back in anytime now, so I’ll cut this short before then.