So, if these minor WordPress blog awards were Oscar Awards, I would have three nominations. That would put me on par with Kirk Douglas, Johnny Depp, Nicole Kidman, Clark Gable, Joan Fontaine, Faye Dunaway, Russell Crowe, Joan Crawford, Humphrey Bogart and Julie Andrews, among others. I would also have more nominations than Vivien Leigh and Hilary Swank.
What you should take away from this is that I’m more talented than Vivien Leigh and Hilary Swank.
Anyway, as you might have guessed, I’ve been nominated for another award, specifically, the One Lovely Blog Award. This time though, I was nominated by Aneta, whose site is really great. You should go ahead and check it out right away. I mean it. Come right back right after though, I need those sweet, sweet likes to boost my sense of self-worth.
Anywho, this award functions almost the same as my last two awards, except whoever’s nominated gets to choose the stuff about themselves that they want to reveal, which is awesome, because that means that I get to cover up the fact that I’m not good at asking people who are essentially strangers questions about themselves.
I still gotta nominate some people though,so here are my nominees:
They’re all amazing sites, and you should check them out, right after you read my random word vomit.
And now, seven random facts about myself! Do you dare to gaze into the mind of a guy who is so insecure that he felt the need to insult Vivian Leigh a few paragraphs ago for no discernible reason? Great! Let’s go!
- Aside from movies, TV and the like, I really love video games, even if I don’t play them as much as I’d like, to, because it comes down to either buying the games I want, or buying textbooks for school, which, cumulatively, dwarf the price of most yachts. My favourite company is Nintendo (You know, the correct choice), my favourite console is the GameCube, and my favourite game is The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, though right now, I’m digging the shit out of the Wii port of the Metroid Prime Trilogy.
- I am trilingual. I learnt English from my mom (Who is Canadian) and Spanish from my dad (Who is Salvadoran) simultaneously when I was little, and I went to a French Immersion school. As if that wasn’t enough, I’m taking a Japanese course at school right now.
- I’m an enormous baseball fan. I’m watching the Toronto Blue Jays and the New York FuckFaces play as I type this. My favourite team is the Blue Jays by far, and my favourite players are Roy Halladay, Jose Bautista, Josh Donaldson, Russell Martin, Roberto Osuna, Bryce Harper, Joey Votto, Clayton Kershaw, Jose Reyes, Troy Tulowitzki, Miguel Cabrera, Marcus Stroman, David Price and Edwin Encarnacion. My least favourite teams are the New York Yankees (As you may have guessed), Boston Red Sox (Have fun in last place!!!), Baltimore Orioles (Bye bye, ShitBirds!) and Kansas City Royals (Ned Yost can go fuck himself).
- I hate the word “blog.” Ironic, I know, but I just really don’t like how it sounds, and I try never to type the word if I can help it.
- HA! RUSSELL MARTIN JUST HIT A THREE-RUN HOMER! FUCK YOU, YANKEES, AND FUCK THE JOKE STADIUM YOU DIRTBAGS PLAY IN!!!
- Sorry about that. I have two cats, Figaro and Pacun, who I’ve had since I was in kindergarten. Our relationship best resembles that of a bunch of longtime roommates who love each other, but have long grown sick of one another. Much to their chagrin, my family got a dog two years ago, a Labrador/mastiff/pit-bull mix named Rocky. He is fucking adorable.
- My least favourite actor is Nick Swardson. I can’t fucking stand Nick Swardson.
- I hate deep water. Hate it. HATE. IT. I don’t care if I never learn to swim, because I’m making a point to avoid any amount of water that I could potentially kill me. Fuck water, fuck swimmers, fuck the Yankees and, most of all, fuck Vivien Leigh.